We want you to understand how and why the Fuel Rats collects, uses, and shares information about you when you access and use Fuel Rats websites, applications, and other online services or when you otherwise interact with us. By 'we' we refer specifically to the net admins, technical support and moderators of the Fuel Rats IRC network.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the Services
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., a username, password and at your option, an email address), account preferences, and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links).
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, submit Instancing Debug Information, participate in contests, promotions, or communicate with us via third-party sites and services.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data), the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms. The Fuel rats will delete any IP addresses collected after 90 days except in circumstances where it is used to enforce a ban.
Information Collected from Cookies
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalise content and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see “Your Choices” below.
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Help protect the safety of the Fuel Rats and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Fuel Rats Code of Conduct;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide technical support;
- Communicate with you about services, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services
How We Share Information
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit a post or comment to the Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment.
- When you send private messages the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent. Private messages sent in IRC are not monitored, logged, or shared outside of the recipients in any way.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, prior posts and rescues, drilled status, overseer and moderator status, and how long you have been a member of the service.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, rescues, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers. For more information, see “Your Choices” below.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- If you participate in promotions, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other Fuel Rat policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Ads and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party analytics providers to deliver content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
For more information about how you may control the collection and/or use of information for advertising and analytics purposes, please see “Your Choices.”
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Children under 13
Although we welcome users from all walks of life, the Fuel Rats is not intended or directed at individuals under the age of 13. Therefore, individuals under the age of 13 may not create an account or otherwise access or use the Services.
As a Fuel Rats member, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
You may delete your account information at any time by contacting a moderator, you can do this by making a ticket or emailing email@example.com. Please note, however, that the posts, comments, and rescues you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law after you delete your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our service.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in most web browsers. While there is no accepted standard on how to respond to web browsers’ DNT signals, we support DNT as follows: When you have the DNT preference enabled in your web browser we will not load any third-party trackers.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.
International Data Transfers
Fuel Rats servers are based in the United States and Germany and the information we collect is governed by U.S. and EU law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S, EU and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
In connection with Fuel Rats's processing of personal data received from the European Union, we adhere to the E.U-U.S. Privacy Shield Program (“Privacy Shield”) and comply with its framework and principles.
To learn more about the U.S. - E.U. and U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement, and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor website. For more information about the Privacy Shield principles and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor program and Privacy Shield principles to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS. Under certain conditions specified by the Privacy Shield principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. If we share E.U. Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of E.U. Data in violation of the Privacy Shield principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.