- PEBKAC - When a rat or other visitor mistakenly raises a ratsignal, or improperly uses the !inject or !grab commands.
- Duplicates - More than one case from the same client, usually caused by reconnecting using the IRC client in rescue mode, after the rescue has been cleared.
- Clients who change their mind (such as make it to a station or scoopable star, reboot/repair or otherwise save themselves even with help from us) - without we dispatch dispatching rats to their case. If rats have been dispatched, it is a valid case (see above).
- Clients who immediately leave chat - Clients that start a rescue, but do not respond to our communications, or immediately leave IRC.
- Clients who have pushed the wrong button - i.e, their intent was just to chat with us, but they did not understand the green button, or want to see how the system works.